Moving an arcplanDB or LVAnalyticsDB to another SQL Server
This article applies to arcplan 8 and Longview 2017 Analytics.
Please follow these steps to move the arcplanDB8 (version 8) or LVAnalyticsDB10 (Longview 2017 Analytics) from one SQL Server instance to another (e.g. for migrating the arcplanDB8 / LVAnalyticsDB10 from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server2016). Regarding the supported SQL Server versions please refer to the release notes of the used arcplan / Longview Analytics version.
- Make sure that there is no arcplanDB8 / LVAnalyticsDB10 already installed on the target system with the new SQL Server version.
- Start the arcplan / Longview Analytics Administration Console "as Administrator" and connect to the arcplan / Longview Analytics Application Server.
- Use the item User Management … in the Server menu of the Administration Console to disable the User Management.
- On the source system, create a backup of the arcplanDB8 / LVAnalyticsDB10 using the SQL Server Management Studio.
- Copy the backup file created in step 4 to the new database system using a file manager like the Windows Explorer. Do not yet restore the database!
- In the Administration Console use the item User Management … from the Server menu to enable the User Management again.
- In the dialog that appears enter the new SQL Server instance name. A new arcplanDB8 / LVAnalyticsDB10 will be created automatically.
- When the Engage functionalities are in use, please re-execute the "Automatic Web Server configuration" and the Engage configuration that will follow.
- Use the SQL Server Management Studio on the new database system to restore the backup of the source arcplanDB8 / LVAnalyticsDB10 copied from the "old" database system in step 5.
- Re-map the "Users" of the restored database (arc_securityuser, arcSearcher_securityuser, EDG_securityuser and engage_securityuser) to the "Logins" of the instance.
Please keep in mind that the arcplan / Longview 2017 Analytics Server will be able to connect to the new SQL server instance only if "named pipes" are enabled in the SQL Server protocols.