User Management: Technical Prerequisites and Installation Checklist
For details about technical requirments, see Administration Console help.
List of things to consider before installation:
- User management will be installed by default if a named user license is used. It is an optional feature when a concurrent user license is used.
- On the arcplan Server machine the SQL Server Native Client needs to be available (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36434)
- An accessible SQL server instance is a requirement, used to house the created arcplanDB database.
- A security role for the arcplanDB database is created at the time of the SQL DB creation, called arcSecurityRole. The user arcSecurity is also created and holds this role.
- If User Management is going to be installed, the user who installs the server component must be a DOMAIN user, in Active Directory. This user must also be in the administrators user group on the local server to be able to run the server component install shield.
- On the SQL server this user has to be a member of at least the "securityadmin" and the "dbcreator" server role.
- Whichever user is logged-on to the server when the installation is run, will be the owner of the SQL database arcplanDB, regardless of what USERID is defined as the global admin.
- After the installation only the Global Admin is able to access the UserManagement application. This means that only the Global Admin will be able to add users and roles.
- The arcplanDB SQL instance is a 1-to-1 setup. Only 1 application servers' user/application criteria can be controlled from each SQL DB instance.