Mobile App for tablets: How to get the right settings
How to get the right settings in your arcplan Mobile App
This note applies to the arcplan Mobile App downloadable from Apple's App Store for tablets.
(Please note: This arcplan Mobile App is not meant for use with the arcplan Mobile Framework and Frameset.)
Step 1: Within the arcplan Administration Console, publish your arcplan Application on the arcplan Application Server as usual.
Step 2: Generate a start page for the DHTML Client with the filename "index.html".
Step 3: (Optional): Assure that the start page is accessible from your iPad device, e.g. by entering the complete URL into the safari browser on your iPad.
Step 4: In your arcplan Mobile app, open the Setup Screen, set the "arcplan sample" switch to "0" and enter the following values:
- "Display title" - The value you enter here is currently used only for display at the report button in the first screen and at the top bar of the report screen. You can enter any value here.
- "Application name" - This value will specify the path where your applications start page (index.html) is located on the web server. See samples below.
- "Server address" - The fully qualified IPv4 address of the web server the start page was published at.
- "64bit CGI" - This switch is not used (yet).
- "Secure http" - If your web server is configured to serve https requests, set this switch to "on".
Step 5: (Optional): You can check your settings with the "Check" button now. If there is an error with your configuration, the app will give you a hint what's wrong with your settings.
Step 6: Touch "Ok" and open the application by clicking on the top tile.
If the URL of your start page is
You should set the values to: